To Be Happy

It's December, and December means Christmas, and Christmas means joy. But sometimes we have a hard time being happy, let alone to be joyful...it's just life, you could say.
The other day I was on the verge of having a bad day, when I suddenly and unintentionally started to think of things I was happy about right then. It grew to be quite a list as I drove to Greek and I couldn't help but weird everyone out by walking into the school beaming.
So, does "counting your blessings instead of sheep" and listing "just a few of my favorite things" really lift spirits? Maybe not to every circumstance or person, but I think sometimes we may be surprised at the simple truth in those songs. Try it out today. Just randomly start listing things that you're happy about out loud. Push any cares or concerns aside, and smile.

Here's my list for right now:
  1. Journeys in life
  2. Book ideas
  3. Harp
  4. Fire
  5. Christmas decorations
  6. Seasons and weather
  7. Music
  8. Family
  9. Friends
  10. Greek
  11. 'A Christmas Carol'
  12. Journal and memories
  13. History and traditions
  14. Christmas shopping done except for...
  15. The idea I got last night
Remember: θάρρει (cheer up, take heart.) And there's nothing better at Christmas time than a smile! :)

Comments