My Christmas Poem for this year
~If Not By Sight, By Heart~
Katherine Merrill
Where is the manger that held our Lord?
Which is the star that was the sign?
How can I sing with perfect chord,
To praise my Savior, Lord, and King?
How can I find my Savior’s side
To see His glory at its dawn,
When time denies to me this light
And blinds my eyes to the sight?
Why can’t I be a Shepherd poor;
A Wiseman wand’ring from afar?
Why can’t I kneel at the door
To laud our King laid in the straw?
Then I feel the star within,
Rising with the angels’ song.
Though years my longing dream forestall
I feel the light within my soul.
By that eternal, holy gift
What glory shines within my sight,
As I see Christ in moments swift;
His grace, His glory I’ll witness be.
If not by sight, by heart.
Your poem is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThank you Uncle Bill!
ReplyDeleteyou really have a lot of talent. thank you for sharing that.
ReplyDelete-j fullmer