Auld Lang Syne!
aka: Post #100
"The time draws nigh, and to a close. Oh, Time, would that you could just halt and turn, so that I might, this moment, remember and cherish forever more."
--me (New Year's Eve, 2009)
New Years Eve. It's the day when we look back on the past year, with the realization finally dawning that today is the last day of it. It's when we realize how blessed or how changed we have been in the last year. It's when we look forward to the new year and wonder or plan how that year will be.For myself, I feel like this next year will be a good one--like turning a page in a book and discovering that one of the hero's desires comes about. Though, I also am filled with apprehension: the desire itself requires the hero to climb mountains and face fears. The new page for me is college, and it will be quite an exciting adventure.
What are some of your plans and "pages" for this next year?
It's a beautiful day outside, with the sun shining and the snow drifting down. On days like this I look outside my window and think that life and earth are perfect.
To add to the celebrations, this is my hundredth post. When I started this blog a year and a half ago, I never thought I'd write a hundred posts, let alone have wonderful people who read it patiently. Thank you!
Happy New Year!
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind ?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
and days of auld lang syne?
For auld lang syne, my dear,
for auld lang syne.
We'll take a cup o' kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.


Comments
Post a Comment