Book Ideas and Ball Gowns

or This Week

Let's start at the very beginning (a very good place to start... ;)).
Firstly, seminary. I think the Lord is trying to teach me patience (since I'm thinking of serving a mission), but I'm not receiving it very well. Let's just say most of my classmates are not kindred spirits in the least. The only reasons why I actually want to go to class are 2. the teacher is a good teacher, and she needs all the support she can get since she's a student teacher, and 1. I get to see some of my dearest friends before and after class. :) Sometimes I wonder where I'd be without my friends...
Secondly, there's not much better than getting harp music in the mail.
Thirdly, I really should try to keep out of writer's block this next year, in order to not spend too much on Christmas. My dad had, last year, suggested writing stories and such for everyone for Christmas this year, and well, let's just say a year's worth of writer's block isn't too encouraging to do so.
Fourthly, I love rainy days, and waking up to the darkest, rainiest day this morning was wonderful, and even with the sun shining through, the dark clouds that are still hangin' around are beautiful. Though, since it is the first day of December... It's the first day of December???!!!! ...it really should snow. Especially since we are finally going to set up our Christmas decorations (which usually takes two days).
And finally, last night my parents took me to the university's 'Jane Austen Ball', considering I've known the dances for two years, and didn't go last year. It was amazing to watch everyone and to be a part of the dancing and all the livery (the empire dresses, the hair, the breeches, and the cravats! *sigh!)
 
My left lock was still a little curled there, but it proved to be unruly and straightened to the straightest straight there ever was. I also decided that I looked like I was in mourning in my old choir dress, but I came up with two possible stories:
I'm just orphaned, and now am under a guardianship until I am old enough to inherit (age 21)...unless I happen to get married first. 
Or my personal favorite (actually a book idea I got a while ago, and it fit):
My paternal grandfather has passed away, bequeathing his entire fortune (quite a pretty penny too!) to his eldest grandchild, who (oh, the irony!) just happens to be the eldest daughter (yours truly) of the son he disinherited years before for marrying a parson's daughter. So, I'm mourning for a grandfather I never knew, and my aunts, who never admitted they had an elder brother, are now all clambering to chaperone me and marry me off to someone with money and title.
I really aught to write a book sometime... ;)

"You are now collecting your people delightfully, getting them exactly into such spots as is the delight of my life. Three or four families in a country village is the very thing to work on." --Jane Austen to her niece, Fanny Knight, who was writing a book of her own at that time.

Comments