Randomness

You know you're a nerd when the thing that makes your day is the fact that the turning signal is in perfect syncopation with the song on the radio. Yeah, I'm weird and random like that.

Syncopation is a pretty awesome word. It feels cool when you say it. Syncopation.
Words have so much depth and meaning in them, and some just sound awesome.
I think I'll share a few of my favorites:
Inkling
Serenity
Fortitude
Autumn
Grace
Melodious
Wind
Elegance
Dusk
Wanderer
Soar
Imagination
αεί ('always' in Greek. I love how this word is all vowels.)
θάρρει ('take heart' in Greek. θ is pronounced 'th', and ρ is pronounced 'r'.)
What are some of yours?

Comments

  1. Ha ha ha ha, I LOVE it when the turning signal or they way someone walks or says something is in sync to my music! I love the words you chose too. Inking, soar, wind, and imagination are some of my favs too. Here are some more I love:

    Onomatopoeia
    Biolumuniescence(I just love saying it!)
    Labyrinth
    Melancholy
    Ripple
    Scowled (don't ask me why)
    Cinnamon
    Crystalline
    Etiquette
    Mist
    Spherical
    Nemesis
    Nostalgic
    Epiphany
    Excruciating/ Infuriating
    Once
    Serendipity (I don't particularly like this word, I just love saying it, or even better, singing it. "It's like sweet serendipity, Oh oh, oh oh, sweet serendipity!"

    Gotta love Lee DeWyze. :) And keep writing Katherine!

    - Kassandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great words Kassandra! Several I'll have to look up in the dictionary sometime. I must especially agree on melancholy, ripple, cinnamon (I can smell it! sigh...), etiquette, mist, and nostalgic. :)
      I've actually have never heard of Lee DeWyze. Is he a good singer?

      Thanks. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh and how could i have forgotten "evanescence"?!
    Evanescence is probably my favorite word of them all! The word "forgotten" itself is also one of my top favs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment