A Poem For Family

Today is my dad's birthday, so I started writing him a poem. After the first stanza it turned into a poem more about family in general than about my father, but I think he'll like it anyway.

Our family is small but dear,
To me that is very clear.
We have times of joy and pain,
But yet I'd still not be fain
To wish for another clan
To cherish in so great a Plan.

We have grandparents to care,
Aunts, uncles, and cousins to share,
But closer than those, still greater?
A family with brother and sister,
Raised by dear mother and father
Who tend and mend every bother.

This family is mine to treasure,
But they in turn are very sure
To treasure me as well, and we
Show love for each other daily.
Remembering and cherishing all,
Together, strong we'll rarely fall.

Comments

  1. The poem is a great tribute to your family.

    "All men are children, and of one family. The same tale sends them all to bed, and wakes them in the morning."---Henry David Thoreau

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tribute to your family.

    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."---Mark Twain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I'm glad your dad liked it. It is a glowing tribute not only to your dad but to your family as well.

      I see you must have fixed the posting issue.

      "What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us."---Henry David Thoreau

      Delete
    2. Yes, though I can't make your other comments show up.
      I'm really loving these quotes. :)

      Delete
  4. Hopefully fixed. I've just typed up the lost quotes you sent me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment