Valentine's Day

I wonder what it's like to be Saint Valentine and to know the acts of charity you did are celebrated by giving hearts and kisses and roses and chocolates to the people you love. He's probably okay with that, but the cupids and the twitterpatedness?
I've decided that it must be how I feel when you say something is romantic and everyone thinks you mean the Hollywood definition, when in fact you mean the artistic/expressive/poetic definition...there is a very strong difference between the two! I'm a romantic person, but most of my peers would get the wrong impression from me saying that.

As it is Valentines Day, I am going to step out of my supposedly "unromantic" personality and admit to some favorites (so far).
First off, Top 10 Favorite Love songs:
1. My Confession by Josh Groban
2. Run to You by Whitney Houston
3. I Believe in You and Me by Whitney Houston
4. The Way You Look Tonight sung by Frank Sinatra (but if there's a version sung by Bing Crosby, I would probably like that better)
5. So She Dances by Josh Groban
6. When You Say You Love Me by Josh Groban
7. All I Ask of You from Phantom of the Opera
8. I See the Light from Tangled
9. Think of Me from the Phantom of the Opera
10. Beauty and the Beast (Tale As Old As Time)

Top 3 favorite Jane Austen's (out of 6):
Persuasion
Northanger Abbey
Sense and Sensibility

Top 10 literary heroes:
Gilbert Blythe (Anne of Green Gables, Anne Shirley)
Henry Tilney (Northanger Abbey, Catherine Morland)
Captain Fredrick Wentworth (Persuasion, Anne Elliot)
Faramir (Lord of the Rings, Eowyn)
Edward Ferrars (S&S, Eleanor Dashwood)
Kenneth Ford (Rilla of Ingleside, Rilla Blythe)
George Knightley (Emma, Emma Woodhouse)
John Thornton (North and South, Margaret Hale)
Lorin (The Haven, Nia)*
Prince Edwin (The Unicorn Child, Clare)**

You're probably wondering why you took the time to read all of this, but I'm sick (I know, how romantic!) and bored and I just finished watching Persuasion, so...
Happy Valentine's Day!
And Happy Birthday to my wonderful and amazing mother who has always been there for me.

*I thought I owed it to him.
**And if I owed it to Lorin, I couldn't very well leave Edwin off of it, even though he does get a bit cheesy and annoying sometimes. But I did put my foot down and insisted that I can't very well put Thomas up there, even though he does sort of deserve it, because his book has been in unemployment for over a year, and if I don't put my foot down somewhere who knows how long it will get. I mean, I probably even owe it to Nik, except the fact that he's not my character.

Comments

  1. What about Mr. Darcy? I totally agree with Gilbert Blythe. Loved Anne of Green Gables.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you were sick. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I am feeling a little better.
    Gilbert Blythe is one of my favorites because I'm so much like Anne. Mr Darcy is nice, but he is everyone else's favorite favorite, so I differ.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment