More Change...
Change is good, as I said before, but sometimes it's sort of sad. Such as going from waist length hair to hair that doesn't even reach my shoulder.
My writer's block keeps playing April Fools with me, and I've only written one paragraph at a time every other week. It's terrible.
Fortunately that leaves me time to really focus on Academics and my dad's Greek class I'm sitting in on.
Languages are interesting things. It's remarkable that, within a thousand years, English has changed so much, but it is also sad that the rich modern English of Shakespeare is now never used. The English language is still a beautiful language, but it lacks the expression and flow it used to have.
Now Greek is a remarkable language, only, it's sort of messing up my English: I see a 'v' and I think 'n', or I see a 'p' and naturally I think 'r'. Greek is a language I'd suggest to anyone to learn, but just warning you, it's a bit different.
My writer's block keeps playing April Fools with me, and I've only written one paragraph at a time every other week. It's terrible.
Fortunately that leaves me time to really focus on Academics and my dad's Greek class I'm sitting in on.
Languages are interesting things. It's remarkable that, within a thousand years, English has changed so much, but it is also sad that the rich modern English of Shakespeare is now never used. The English language is still a beautiful language, but it lacks the expression and flow it used to have.
Now Greek is a remarkable language, only, it's sort of messing up my English: I see a 'v' and I think 'n', or I see a 'p' and naturally I think 'r'. Greek is a language I'd suggest to anyone to learn, but just warning you, it's a bit different.
i have to agree with you - greek is SO MUCH FUN!! since i was 10 i had always wanted to study latin. but when i finally had the oportunity in college, it wasn't being offered that semester. i was disappointed. but greek was being offered, and from one of my favorite teachers. so i took it, consoling myself that it wouldn't do any harm and that i'd take latin the following year when it was again offered.
ReplyDeletei've always loved to study languages and i threw my whole self into studying greek. i absolutely LOVED that class! i was disappointed when, the next year, latin didn't quite measure up to the fun i'd had studying greek. i'd recommend greek over latin to anyone.
-j fullmer