Old Fears: Change
Two weeks...haven't blogged anything in two weeks. Probably because I haven't written anything in two weeks and my creativity has been down...until everything else (electricity) went down too for half the night last Friday. Since Friday I've written four pages in my notebook. Happy day!
Other than that...I'm exhausted!
I've been more diligent and determined in my school work this past week than I have in my whole life... It feels great! I've managed to break old habits and create new ones.
Change is sometimes hard (especially if you're like me and always remembering things you miss), but the power to change is something that I've finally started to see more clearly in the past year. A year ago, I would have laughed if you described who I'd be now. Two years ago, I would have told you that you must be the most ridiculous person I've ever met and that you had better go to the doctor. Three years ago, I would have walked silently away certain that you must have mistaken me for someone else.
It's such a great feeling though, to find that you can change and be better than you were. To find that you can progress and that life has meaning in it...waiting for you to find it when you think back to who you were then and how you've changed.
Three years ago, change was my ultimate fear. Now, it's my ultimate wonder.
Other than that...I'm exhausted!
I've been more diligent and determined in my school work this past week than I have in my whole life... It feels great! I've managed to break old habits and create new ones.
Change is sometimes hard (especially if you're like me and always remembering things you miss), but the power to change is something that I've finally started to see more clearly in the past year. A year ago, I would have laughed if you described who I'd be now. Two years ago, I would have told you that you must be the most ridiculous person I've ever met and that you had better go to the doctor. Three years ago, I would have walked silently away certain that you must have mistaken me for someone else.
It's such a great feeling though, to find that you can change and be better than you were. To find that you can progress and that life has meaning in it...waiting for you to find it when you think back to who you were then and how you've changed.
Three years ago, change was my ultimate fear. Now, it's my ultimate wonder.
Hey! Wow you sound busy. Sorry I haven't commented till now. (I'm busy too. :) ) We should get together sometime. I'll talk to you later!
ReplyDeleteVery interesting, Katherine. I like your blog :)
ReplyDelete