Moving on...and yet, Staying Put

Sometimes I wish that I could move on with life...go to collage, etc. Then again, I want to go back and enjoy all of the good times. I guess I'm a strange mixture of old and youth.

But, I am moving on...
Yesterday I finished Clare...or at least the first draft. But it's officially front to back finished. Yay! Now I'm just going to have to finish typing it up for my friends...not so yay.
Now I can move on to The Haven: the third book of a trilogy I've decided to write (Clare's Curse is the first book).
Yesterday, as I started to really look at my dialogue for the Haven I was surprised how much of the beginning I already have, from writing it off and on while working my way through Clare. It's really nice to be able to have another idea to write, even when you're not fully working on it.

The blessings of outlines: For Clare, since it's a fairytale I retold, it was "easy" to write, since I had a fairly good outline formed in my mind. With Rowena, I didn't really have that and now I'm suffering with a poor outline to rewrite. That's now my concern for the Haven. I have a beginning, I have an end, and I have a crisis, but other than that...I have nothing. But I have two very intriguing characters, who I might be able to convince to help me.

Ah, what would life be without difficulties!

Comments