Bravery! (Only, don't kill the dragons)

The other day I was finishing a book I've read a lot of times and I was thoroughly enjoying it--as if it was the first time I had read it. But it was interesting that the story had a lot of bravery in it...more so than the last time I read it. It ended up that the main character had to get the bravery to die for the people he loved to protect them, but then, after that he had to make the choice to live--it's really confusing, I know, but that's the story.
It's strange how someone can have the bravery to die for what they believe in, and yet another needs the bravery to live for that. The bravery to dream versus the bravery to sacrifice your dreams. The bravery to fight and the bravery not to fight.
Bravery is a nice word, isn't it? And yet, we sometimes--at least I do--think, "I'm not brave."
Bravery is something everyone has. We can't live without it. Everyday we have to have some kind of bravery, like the bravery to hold true to your standards, to take that math test, to smile at someone who looks lonely...
Everyday, we have the bravery to fight the dragons! ...or befriend them if you're like me.

Anyway! Still in writer's block, but I'm slowly getting out of it. If any of you have a perfect way of describing vast castles, please contact me ASAP. :)

Comments

  1. Some deeply significant thinking going on here, Rina. Is bravery the same thing as courage? Is everyone brave in one way or another, or is bravery a rare virtue? You have a real gift for writing. Keep up the good work.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. bravery to befriend dragons! that's great.

    what was the book you read?

    -j fullmer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harry Potter 7...not everyone likes the books like my family, so I didn't name it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment