Distinctively February
It's been a while since I've posted, and the updates I've posted in the past few months have been overwhelmingly existential, so I decided to post about the weather. But if you know me, you know it's never entirely about the weather, sort of like how a Jackson Pollock is never just about the splatters of paint on a massive canvas. It's about the emotion, like everything in my life, but no angsty emotion this time, I promise.
So, the weather...
Stepped outside and took a walk to campus and the library late Saturday afternoon for a breath of fresh air (but really to print readings since homework has the tenacity to not go away). I don't know if you experience this when you're very familiar with a particular area--there are very specific weather and temperatures that signal a season and month for me. It's incredibly hard to explain, but today I felt just such an inkling: February.
Of course, I never really spent much of my Februarys circumventing the great lakes that conspire to form just where I need to walk. But the temperature, the wind, the ability to go scarf-less, the notably different and abundant bird chirps, and a bunch of other things that tug at my senses do bring back a lot of memories that really aren't memories, but more like one all-encompassing feeling signifying "February" made up of a bunch of little feelings.
It's supposed to snow later, but it rained last night and melted off most of the snow. For now it definitely looks like early early spring, so on my way home from campus today, I decided to take a couple of poleroids to add to my growing collection.
So, the weather...
Stepped outside and took a walk to campus and the library late Saturday afternoon for a breath of fresh air (but really to print readings since homework has the tenacity to not go away). I don't know if you experience this when you're very familiar with a particular area--there are very specific weather and temperatures that signal a season and month for me. It's incredibly hard to explain, but today I felt just such an inkling: February.
Of course, I never really spent much of my Februarys circumventing the great lakes that conspire to form just where I need to walk. But the temperature, the wind, the ability to go scarf-less, the notably different and abundant bird chirps, and a bunch of other things that tug at my senses do bring back a lot of memories that really aren't memories, but more like one all-encompassing feeling signifying "February" made up of a bunch of little feelings.
It's supposed to snow later, but it rained last night and melted off most of the snow. For now it definitely looks like early early spring, so on my way home from campus today, I decided to take a couple of poleroids to add to my growing collection.
Comments
Post a Comment