Then There Was College Math ("for the real world")

...and my brain exploded.                                                    
         
As for the "for the real world", that's actually the name of my textbook. It's a good text, I just find it highly amusing that one minute I'll be studying math "for the real world" and the next, escaping to a very unreal world in my mind for relief.
Anyway... That world is Yairden, but I won't bore you with particulars, so if your desperate with curiosity, you can find it on my "Book Ideas" tab above.

Speaking of which, I went to a bookstore yesterday and bought a stack of books, two of which are J.R.R. Tolkien's The Silmarillion and The Children of Hurin. I'm reading the latter, and am amazed at how detailed Middle-Earth is. Tolkien built a remarkable world, and loved it so much that he created it for most of his life, instead of moving on to other "projects" once the Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit were published (like the majority of authors do). It's truly inspiring.

Comments