That Moment...

That moment when the one part of your future you felt for sure about suddenly has twice as many opprotunities and unknowns. Just one moment in one day with just one statement can really change our whole perspective of the future. It's happened twice to me this past month.

President Monson's announcement is sure amazing. Truly a "historic moment".
I could go on a mission in a year and a half! (insert shocked look.) I'll have to decide sooner than I thought, and it's more possible that I will go. Crazy, but exciting.
This is why I guess it's best not to plan your future too much, since things are always bound to change...and usually for the better.
Leave the future as a blank page to write itself, and enjoy the moment. Make the most of each day. Live for what may be in store for you by striving to become better and make goals.
Speaking of which, President Uchtdorf's talk was, yet again, just what I needed. Beautiful talk. General Conference is as wonderful as ever so far. :)

Comments

  1. Katherine, just about the only thing that's constant in this old world is change. I am excited about the changes for missionaries. Also, about the temple in Tucson. After living close to there for so many years, it'll help the area to have a temple.

    "By reading the scriptures I am so renewed that all nature seems renewed around me and with me. The sky seems to be a pure, a cooler blue, the trees a deeper green. The whole world is charged with the glory of God and I feel fire and music under my feet." ~Thomas Merton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very exciting how the gospel is rolling forth. Like Elder Holland said in the press conference, the Lord is hastening his work. Nothing can stop it from progressing. I just get so excited every time I think about it. I want to be a part of it too.

      As for the quote. How absolutely beautiful. It makes me want to study my scriptures more. Thanks for sharing it. :)

      Delete
  2. Yes it is very exciting. As you say nothing can stop it. If you think about it we are all ready part of it.

    "Though we may not necessarily forfeit our lives in service to our God, we can certainly demonstrate our love for Him by how well we serve Him."--- Thomas S. Monson

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment