Be Positive!
"My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life we 'accentuate the positive.' I am asking that we look a little deeper for the good, that we still our voices of insult and sarcasm, that we more generously compliment and endorse virtue and effort."
"Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, but with great purpose in heart."
-- Gordon B. Hinckley

Very commendable Katherine. If we could all do that we could promote understanding and peace throughout the world. I believe your quote on the side by Emerson should go along with your post.
ReplyDeleteHi, this doesn't have anything to do with your current blog. I would like to make a comment on "what makes a hero." If a person wants to know what a hero is read the story about the 3 young men that gave their lives for their dates at the movie theatre in Aurora, Colorado. These young men gave their lives for girls who weren't even family, just a date. They shielded their dates with their bodies and gave their lives so they could live. That's what a hero is. Sound familiar, our Savior did the same for all of us.
ReplyDeleteWow, I didn't know about the three young men. That is an amazing and selfless deed, and they deserve the greatest respect and honor. They are true heroes. I really admire young men like that.
DeleteHi Katherine. I hope you are feeling ok from your dentist visit today. Here is a website that tells about the three young men mentioned above.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.cnn.com/2012/07/25/opinion/bennett-aurora-three/index.html
Hi Katherine. Here is another example of what I think a hero is and this really touched me. It's about a little boy that was diagnosed with leukemia at 22 months old and for the next 11 + years he fought the disease with courage and bravery. During those years he always wanted to be a Marine. When the local Marine Corps station heard about it, the Marines gave him Marine Navigator Wings and make him an honorary Marine. But here is what touched me most and I actually tear up, one of the Marines stood an honor guard outside the little boys hospital room for 8 hours straight in full dress blue uniform until the little boy passed away. Another example of heros, even though they didn't give their lives they still sacrificed for the little boy.
ReplyDeletehttp://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=29802
Oh, that poor boy. That is inspiring and wonderful that the local Marine Corps did that. People like that deserve the very best.
DeleteThank you for sharing that! :)
Delete